Monday, July 12, 2010

Encouraging Proper Use of Carseats

At Tadpoles & Butterflies, we believe that safe use of infant car seats is essential & to be encouraged. This means that they are only for use in cars.

One of the reasons that parents believe that it is safe to use their bucket style seats as "carriers" outside the vehicle is because there are countless aftermarket products that are designed to be used with the seat when it is out of the vehicle. We regularly receive sales pitches for products that encourage unsafe use of the seats. Here is a response to one of those products, a shower cap style topper that doubles as a diaper bag to store items.

"Thank you for your interest in our company. I am very concerned about
the safety implications of your product, which is why we do not carry
any products of the sort.
Infant carseats are intended only for use in vehicles. They carry many
risks when used outside the vehicle, including injuries & death from
hypoxia, positional asphyxia & from falls. Products such as the
_______________ encourage inappropriate use of the carseat as a storage
container for infants. In Canada, where we are located, winters can
last 6 months of the year & are extremely cold, while summers can be
especially hot. It is essential that the baby be carried close to the
parent's body where he can be protected from weather extremes.
I would encourage you to find a product to manufacture that facilitates
the biological norm of being carried on the mother's body, as opposed
to in a plastic shell."

Companies make these products because they believe parents will buy them- if consumers let them know why they will not purchase products that encourage unsafe behaviour, fewer will be made & the cycle will be stopped.

5 comments:

  1. Some parents are not knowledgeable enough on how to use car seats for kids. So when accidents came in, the kid inside the car is in danger the most. I've read an article before that in times of these cases, you can really seek some legal action. Like some of the parents in Ottawa. Personal injury lawyer there gives legal counseling for those parents who encountered car accidents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. It's nice to see someone concerned about the proper use of carseats. I am continually frustrated by parents who don't take safety seriously, even when confronted with the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to return to the past, but impossible. I just know that I will be in the face of cruel future. I think this is I have been very

    much like to know things.
    wholesale super bowl jerseys paypal
    pro bowl jerseys wholesale paypal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com. / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete